What was your first zine about and when was it made?
Describe your most recent zine.
This year we made four whole zines! The first is Food Coloring, a coloring & activity book about our favorite late night snacks – which includes a crepe with lychee ice-cream + nutella + custard from a favorite neighborhood spot.
The other three were short stories and illustrations:
1. Garden of Delusions is an essay on self-realization and empowerment from our own barriers.
2. Short Message Syndrome is a modern love story that’s not a rom-com.
We continued our process of collaborating with writers by providing prompts and illustrations for each short story.
Of all the things you’ve ever made, zine-related or otherwise, what’s your one favorite?
We made a poop sticker that we’re pretty damn proud of. It makes us laugh, lots. And it seems to make other people giggle too.
Name three of your influences and how they affected your work.
1. Food – It’s one of our favorite topics and the basis of many of our projects including a zine, a sticker set, and pins.
2. Ridiculousness – We always try to keep things fun.
3. Black & White – Sometimes color is overrated.
What do you do when you’re not creating and how does it help or harm what you do artistically?
We have 9-5 gigs, so Team Punchbag is our creative outlet for making things we enjoy.
Get more from Kim & Mason at Team Punchbag!